You donít have to be a Fortune 100 company to have a smart relocation program. In fact, you may relocate only a few employees each year, or even hundreds but without the right program, you get stuck:
- Starting each time from scratch
- Dealing with escalating costs
- Losing promising candidates and employees due to lack of relocation resources
- Struggling to keep up because you donít have a dedicated relocation department
Fortunately, there are now ways for companies of any size to set up an effective and affordable relocation program. Here are four ideas that can help you out:
- No. 1: Make sure that recruiters and hiring managers understand the financial basics of relocation ó Relocation is expensive but you can better manage costs with a smarter approach.
- No. 2: Engage the employee and estimate the cost of the relocation before making a final decision ó Understand the circumstances your employee will be coming from and estimate how much it will cost.
- No. 3: Make a conscious relocation decision ó Compare the cost estimate to the benefit of moving the employee and set an expense limit so you donít go over the amount.
- No. 4: Ensure that the process goes smoothly ó Direct the employee to reliable providers vs. the do-it-yourself route so everything goes smoothly for both them and your organization.
You can do all of these steps manually using spreadsheets or email to keep track of a relocation. But itís a challenge. Itís even more of a challenge to track multiple relocations at the same time.
Fortunately, thereís now technology that can help you establish and manage a program that does all of the things discussed here.
NuCompass CoPilot is the answer. CoPilot is a cloud-based, easy to use, relocation platform that helps you relocate your new and current employees affordably and effectively.
Read the full ebook today to learn more about the challenges that companies face when they manage their own relocation program and how CoPilot can help.